May all of us here at Newtown Evangelical Church take this opportunity to wish you a very happy Christmas.
Will Christmas be a little different this year? – Yes; Has the wonderful truth of Christmas changed at all? – No!
This year, perhaps more than any other in living memory, we are crying out for good news! We’d love to invite you to join us for one of our socially distanced, COVID safe, Christmas Carol Services, where we can focus on the BEST NEWS EVER: Emmanuel – God with us!
We won’t be able to sing ‘congregationally’ as we usually would in the services, but there will be items throughout and then a chance to sing carols outside (weather permitting!).
Numbers are limited, hence quite a few services – booking information is further down the page:
If you’d like to join us at any of these services, please follow the links below to the corresponding booking forms. This will enable us to make sure that social distancing measures can be maintained and everybody is protected at this trying time.
|Sunday 13th December - 5pm||Family Carol Service||Click here|
|Sunday 20th December - 5pm & 7pm||Candlelit Carol Services||Click here|
|Thursday 24th December - 6pm||Christmas Eve Carol Service||Click here|
|Friday 25th December - 10am||Christmas Day Celebration||Click here|
Important information regarding attendance at our services:
– If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19, we would kindly ask you to abstain from coming until you have completed the 10 days of self-isolation or received a negative test result.
– In order to seat everyone please make an effort to arrive a few minutes earlier than normal.
– We won’t be providing refreshments. Bring your own water if you need to.
– There will be hand sanitiser at the door as you come in.
– Toilet facilities will be available but it would be useful if you ‘go’ before leaving home.
– Please bring face masks (visors are not acceptable alternatives) with you and wear them at all times whilst indoor, unless you are exempt on medical grounds or are accompanying someone who relies on lip-reading (cf. https://gov.wales/face-coverings-guidance-public#section-43642)
In this case, it would be fine to not wear a mask. Just please let us know – there’s an additional question for this. This applies to all aged 11 & over.
– We intend to keep the number of people aged 11 & over sitting together to 6. So groups exceeding this limit are very much welcome to come still, but will be split into groups of 6 or less.
The Christmas Chord
The following short video, The Christmas Chord, succinctly tells the greatest story ever told:
Reading the Bible through Advent
Click here to find out more about free Bible Readings for the period of advent from desiringgod.org.